Finding a good gluten free, no bake cheesecake recipe is like finding your perfect hairstylist. It can be tricky to locate a perfect match, but when you do, you are loyal for life!
This is the cheesecake recipe you have been looking for; rich, creamy and completely gluten free. It’s definitely a people-pleaser. You will make it over and over for special occasions (it’s easy to make ahead of time) or those Sunday family dinners. And with only a few simple ingredients, nobody needs to know it only took you 15 minutes to throw together this decadent dessert.
So what are you waiting for? Give this gluten free no bake cheesecake a try today! You won’t be disappointed.
Before we dive into this easy recipe, here are the answers to some FAQ’s that I often come across.
Is No Bake Cheesecake Gluten Free?
No bake cheesecake is not traditionally gluten free because the crumb crust is usually made from graham crackers, which contain gluten.
However, this recipe can be easily adapted to be gluten free. Simply substitute the graham crackers for a gluten free alternative (I used Annie’s Bunny Grahams) or another type of gluten free cookie crumb.
For the filling, most no bake cheesecakes require little more than cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla, so they are naturally gluten free. Be sure to check the labels of all other ingredients, such as whipped topping and fruit preserves, to ensure they are also gluten free.
With a few simple substitutions, you can enjoy a delicious and creamy no bake cheesecake that is safe for those with gluten intolerance.
Is Philadelphia No Bake Cheesecake Filling Gluten Free?
Cheesecake filling is naturally gluten free. Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese blocks are not made with any gluten-containing ingredients and should be safe for those with gluten intolerance or Celiac disease.
Can No Bake Cheesecake Be Frozen?
One of the most frequently asked questions regarding no bake cheesecake is whether or not it can be frozen. And the answer is… yes!
Freezing no bake cheesecake is actually a great way to extend its shelf life and enjoy it at your leisure. Simply wrap the cheesecake tightly in plastic wrap or airtight container and store in the freezer for up to a month. When you’re ready to enjoy, thaw the cheesecake overnight in the refrigerator and serve chilled. So go ahead and stock your freezer with no bake cheesecakes — they’ll be just as delicious as the day they were made!
If you’re not planning on freezing your cheesecake, be sure to eat it within three days of making it. Otherwise, it will start to spoil.
With proper storage, you can enjoy this delicious treat for weeks to come.
No Bake Cheesecake Vs. Baked Cheesecake
As it’s name implies, no bake cheesecake is made without having to bake it in an oven. The main ingredients are usually cream cheese, sugar, and heavy cream. No bake cheesecake is generally lighter and fluffier than baked cheesecake. It can be made in a variety of flavors, such as chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry.
Baked cheesecake is the traditional cheesecake that most people are familiar with. It is made by baking a mixture of cream cheese, eggs, and sugar in an oven. Baked cheesecakes are usually denser and richer than no bake cheesecakes. They can also be made in a variety of flavors, such as chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry.
So which type of cheesecake is better? That’s really up to personal preference. Some people prefer the lighter texture of no bake cheesecake (and quicker prep time), while others prefer the richer flavor of baked cheesecake. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which type of cheesecake you prefer.
How to Make Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust
The base of this cheesecake is a simple graham cracker crust that’s so easy to make, you’ll never buy a pre-made crust again!
What You’ll Need
- 1 box Annie’s Gluten Free Cocoa and Vanilla Bunny Grahams (You could also use 1.5 cups of gluten free graham crackers)
- 6 Tbs melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or brown sugar (whichever you prefer)
- First step, in a blender of food processor, pulse the graham crackers until only fine crumbs are present.
- Then, mix with the butter and sugar.
- Finally, press the mixture into the bottom of a baking dish, springform cake pan, or muffin pan (if you want to make mini cheesecakes) in a single, even layer.
Let the crust set up in the freezer while completing the cheesecake filling.
Gluten Free No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- 3, 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Optional: 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh strawberries, or other fruit and 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Using either a stand mixer or electric mixer, beat the whipping cream on medium-high speed speed for 4 minutes or so, until the cream for stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar with mixer until smooth and then add in the vanilla and lemon juice. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Mix in about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to the cake batter if desired.
- Spread in the prepared graham cracker crust, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 6 hours (let chill overnight for best results).
- Top with raspberries, chocolate chips, or whatever toppings you prefer.
- Cut into individual slices, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 6g
There you have it! A gluten free no bake cheesecake that is guaranteed to be a fan favorite! So go ahead and give it a go, you can’t go wrong with this simply delicious dessert recipe!
Looking for Other No Bake Recipe Options?
Want some more options when it comes to gluten free, no bake desserts? Give these yummy recipes a try!
- No-Bake Gluten Free Oreo Icebox Cake from What the Fork
- No-Bake Samoa Bars from the Conscious Plant Kitchen
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars from Joy Food Sunshine
- Gluten Free No Bake Cookies from MamaShire
Talk To Me
Do you have a go-to cheesecake recipe? Have you every made a gluten free no-bake cheesecake before? Let me know in the comments below!