Looking for a quick and easy gluten-free chicken salad recipe? Well, here it is! This drool-worthy chicken salad is so flavorful and can be served on your favorite bread, crackers or in a lettuce wrap.
Who can say no to a yummy recipe that uses simple ingredients and takes just minutes to make? It’s basically the perfect meal 🙂
Use up your leftover chicken (or buy a rotisserie chicken), add in crisp celery, fresh green onions and dill, and you will have pulled off the quickest, easiest dinner ever! Plus it’s absolutely perfect for those summer nights that are just too hot to cook.
So are you convinced yet? Everyone NEEDS this chicken salad recipe in their life!
Let’s jump in a give it a try!
Is Chicken Salad Gluten-Free?
The simple answer is yes, chicken salad is gluten-free. Chicken salad is made with chopped chicken, mayonnaise, and often other ingredients like celery, grapes, and nuts. None of these ingredients contain gluten.
So, if you’re looking for a gluten-free option for your next picnic or potluck, chicken salad is a great choice. Just be sure to check the label on the mayonnaise/mustard to make sure it doesn’t contain any hidden gluten ingredients (they usually don’t, but better safe than sorry). And, of course, if you have any other dietary restrictions, be sure to take them into account when choosing your ingredients.
You can easily make a gluten-free version of this dish by using a gluten-free bread or crackers, or by serving it on a lettuce wrap.
Basic Chicken Salad Ingredients
Classic chicken salad ingredients usually include some type of mayonnaise, diced chicken, fresh herbs and fresh celery.
That said, there are endless ways to customize your chicken salad. Like the following…
Chicken Salad Add-in Options
Make this chicken salad your own – just be sure to start with the basics and build with different ingredients from there.
- Add in some green/ red grapes or dried cranberries for sweetness
- Use a Dijon mustard in place of mayo for a tangier flavor.
- Toss in your favorite chopped nuts for some more crunch.
- Really take your chicken salad to the next level by adding in some crumbled bacon or shredded cheese.
For my family, I like to add a 1/4 cup of chopped pecans and 1/4 cup of dried craisins. But feel free to get creative, and add whatever ingredients your family enjoys!
Gluten-Free Chicken Salad Recipe
Gluten-Free Chicken Salad Recipe
Super quick and yummy, this gluten-free chicken salad recipe will leave you wanting more!
- 2 cups chilled, cubed chicken (I use rotisserie chicken meat)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- small handful of fresh dill, finely minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- cayenne pepper, to taste (a little bit goes a long way)
1. Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly.
3. For best results, cover and place in the fridge for a half hour before serving.
4. Serve on bread, with crackers, or over salad.
To save for later, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g
How to Serve Chicken Salad
There are many options for serving chicken salad. Here are a few of my favorite ways.
- Make chicken salad sandwiches – Nothing is better than a heaping helping of chicken salad between two slices of gluten-free bread (try my favorite gluten-free bread, Canyon Bakehouse or this homemade recipe). Top with a large lettuce leaf and tomato for extra fresh flavor and serve with a side of potato chips for a classic sandwich!
- For a low carb option, serve the chicken salad in lettuce cups or over a salad.
- Want a twist on the traditional sandwich? Fill a GF pita pocket with chicken salad for an easy on-the-go snack.
The Wrap Up
Whether you’re gluten-free or not, this delicious chicken salad recipe is simply delicious. Great for summer picnics, potlucks, or a light dinner – this dish is full of flavor and sure to please
Go ahead and give it a try today! You won’t be disappointed. Thanks for reading!
Until next time friends 🙂