Short on time in the evenings? Then this delicious Gluten Free Chicken Broccoli Alfredo recipe is for you! Done in less than 20 minutes, it is perfect for busy families or anyone really 🙂
Related: Easy Gluten Free Meals
With a creamy homemade alfredo sauce, chicken, and broccoli for a touch of freshness, you will love how quickly this dish comes together, and your family will love the taste!
Is Chicken Alfredo Gluten Free?
There’s nothing quite like a heaping plate of chicken alfredo. But if you’re gluten-free, you might be wondering if this classic dish is off-limits. Luckily, it is possible to enjoy chicken alfredo without gluten.
The easiest way to make this recipe gluten free is to simply swap out the traditional wheat pasta for a gluten-free variety. There are many delicious options available these days, so you won’t have to sacrifice taste or texture. I like to use the Barilla Gluten-Free Penne pasta but any brand is fine.
Is Alfredo Sauce Gluten Free?
You can also make your own alfredo sauce using gluten-free ingredients. This sauce is really really easy to make and tastes so much better than the store-bought stuff.
Keep reading to see how to make gluten free alfredo sauce.
How to Store Leftover Chicken Alfredo
Have leftovers? No problem! Just place them in an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
When you’re ready to eat, simply reheat your meal on the stove or in the microwave.
Can you Freeze Chicken Alfredo?
If you wish, you can make this chicken alfredo in advance. I recommend making only the sauce beforehand and then boiling a fresh batch of pasta when you are ready to eat. Fresh pasta is easy to make and tastes so much better!
To store the sauce: After cooking, let the sauce cool and then transfer to an airtight container. You can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat it, simply heat the sauce in a warm skillet and then mix with some fresh pasta.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 box gluten free pasta (I like Barilla Gluten Free Penne)
- 2 crowns broccoli chopped
Prepare the Water for Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling.
- Boil the pasta for 7 - 8 minutes.
- Drain the excess water and mix in a touch of olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
Steam the Broccoli
- Meanwhile, fill a separate small pan with just enough water to cover the bottom and then add in the chopped broccoli.
- Cover the pan with a lid and place over medium low heat for about 10 minutes.
Make the Alfredo Sauce
The sauce can be prepared while the broccoli and pasta are cooking.
- Add the butter and cream to a large skillet and simmer over low heat for 1 - 2 minutes (until the butter is completely melted).
- Whisk in garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and cook for another minute.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
Put It Together
In the large pasta pot, mix in the steamed broccoli and alfredo sauce. For best results, serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 917mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
The Wrap Up
I hope you love this yummy gluten free chicken alfredo recipe, and it makes dinner time a little easier.
For more super quick weeknight meals, check out these popular favorites:
- Gluten Free Au Jus Sandwiches
- The Perfect Gluten Free Chili Mac Recipe
- Tastiest Gluten Free Ramen Noodles
And as always, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below! Happy gluten-free munching! 🙂